FW Warehousing provides a comprehensive Midwest solution for Food Grade warehousing to Fortune 100, Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States. With more than four million square feet of company-owned and managed warehouse distribution centers in the Midwest, FW Warehousing provides superior food grade warehousing in Illinois, Indiana and Missouri.
FW Warehousing has continually received an AIB Superior rating from AIB International. This rating is critical to food grade warehousing. “Scoring well on an AIB GMP Inspection shows that a supplier is committed to doing all they can to provide clean, safe products and is a source of pride that provides a competitive advantage. Sharing audit inspections scores with potential customers is a way to demonstrate dedication to providing safe, superior products.” 
Comprehensive GMP Inspections evaluate the adequacy of:
- Operational Methods and Personnel Practice
- Maintenance for Food Safety
- Cleaning Practices
- Integrated Pest Management
- Adequacy of Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs
Not all warehouses can be a food grade warehouse. It requires constant monitoring and a specialization that can be expensive to maintain.
According to McKenna Logistics Centres, these are the Four Principles for Food Grade Storage:
- Pest Control: Pest control substances are placed around the outside of the food grade storage perimeter to eliminate the presence of rodents, insects, ants, birds and other animals and pests. Each quarter, detailed inspections check for any evidence of infestation and the results are recorded in a log book to track the number of times the traps and substances have been changed.
- Master Sanitation Schedule: Housekeeping and cleaning are scheduled and documented. The food grade warehousing facility is clean and tidy at all times, from the furniture to the floor. Records of cleaning must be readily available at all times.
- Personal Hygiene and Training Programs: Employees working in food grade storage must at all times wash their hands with soaps in specified hand sinks, which are equipped with hygienic drying devices. A record of employee training in quality awareness, personal hygiene, food safety, traceability, incident and crisis management is required and updated. Temporary staff must also be trained accordingly.
- Lot Traceability: The food grade warehousing operation unit is responsible for tracing lot and date codes on products for ensuring that they are rotated on a FIFO, which means, first in, first out, basis. The warehouse unit must also be aware at all times of which materials are stored or have been delivered or dispatched. 
Safe food grade warehousing and storage is the hallmark of FW Warehousing, because maintaining safe food related items through the warehousing process is essential to the health of American citizens. To protect the stored products, FW managers food-related items in FW’s certified clean warehouses.
FW ensures high quality warehousing services by meeting high-quality storage needs throughout every stop of the process, including:
FW Warehousing is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri with Midwest warehouse distribution centers in Kansas City, Indianapolis and St. Louis totaling more than four million square feet. Founded in 1949 with a focus on food-grade storage, FW later broadened its services to include contract warehousing, dry storage, hazardous material and chemical storage, temperature-controlled storage, product distribution and B2B and B2C fulfillment.
FW Warehousing has more than 50 years of experience in third-party 3PL logistics and has been ranked in the top 100 Third Party Logistic Companies in the country by Inbound Logistics Magazine.
2. GMP Inspections (AIB International) http://www.aibonline.org/aibOnline/EN/aib-inspections.aspx