FW Warehousing Social Media Policy
FW Warehousing believes in open communication and encourages you to tell the world about your work. Today, telling the world means telling “social media” mostly. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram don’t have to want until you clock-out at 5:00pm though.
FW has recently revamped all social media sites. This means your interaction is not only allowed but encouraged…even during the work-day! Comments, photos, hashtags, videos, etc will even be part of new FW Warehousing Employee Social Media contests coming very soon!
FW has created this list of guidelines to provide helpful and practical advice when engaging on all social media sites.
– You are personally responsible for the content you publish on all social media platforms. Please remember that the internet never forgets.
– Always speak on behalf of yourself and not FW Warehousing as a whole. It is okay to say, “I know that FW specialized in HazMat storage.” Avoid saying: “We provide HazMat storage.”
– Do not use your company email address for your personal social media accounts. Use a personal email for all of your log-in credentials. If you need help creating a new personal email address, please contact the Marketing Department.
– For those employees with FW email addresses, please do not use your FW email password for any social media or personal account passwords. Please create a new, unique password.
– Always have permission from others prior to posting videos or photos of co-workers.
– Ensure that your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other profiles and related content are consistent with how you wish to present yourself to FW clients and your fellow colleagues. Be aware that others will associate you with your employer, even when you are not commenting about FW specifically.
– Refrain from using profanity, vulgar language, sexual innuendos and ethnic slurs. Remember, you represent FW, so conduct yourself in a professional manner…even online.
– Do not engage in political or religious discussions on the FW social media platforms.
– Even if you act with the best intentions, you must remember that anything you put out there about FW Warehousing, can potentially jeopardize the company’s reputation. If you are ever a bit unsure about something you are about to post online – it’s simply best not to post it. If you have questions, contact the Marketing Department before you click “send”.
– Be the first to respond to your own mistakes. If you make a mistake within something you’ve posted on Facebook, you actually have the ability to “edit” the comment. Modify the post and simply make it clear that you made a mistake and corrected it. If you are unable to correct the mistake – delete the comment and re-post the correct message.
– Do not discuss any financial related topics on social media. This includes making predictions on financial decisions, revenue projections or any other internal financial communication to when you’ve been privileged.
– Refrain from posting any internal communication online. For example, if you receive an email from our HR department to the entire company, it’s meant for “internal use only”. Should new-worthy information ever appear in internal communications, it is the responsibility of the Marketing Department to share on behalf of FW Warehousing. Please keep all internal information confidential and be responsible with the information for which you’ve been entrusted.
– Do not engage with negative posts, comments or reviews. The FW Marketing Department handles any online disputes or complaints.
– And finally, with all the tweeting, hashtagging, blogging and commenting….don’t forget your daily job.
If you have any questions about this Social Media Policy, would like clarification on any points or need help with social media related issues, please contact the FW Marketing Department:
Cristina Liberatore – FW Marketing Strategist
Phone (618) 482-8732